Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Axe = Sex




The axe marketing campaign has been directed towards younger males who for some reason or another have absolutely no concept of what women really want. Not that I would ever pretend to know. One thing I do know is that I have heard "who would spray that much cologne on themselves at once" several time directed straight at a guy using axe. Looking up several commercials on youtube helped me realize that their slogan is "spray more, get more". What a cruel slogan fr those of us that do not enjoy the smells that emit from those affordable slick looking bottles.
I also can't help but notice that instantly the females turn into animals whose only goal is to get the man. In other words the gender roles are switched and suddenly the the guys are the ones that are wanted.
My point is, whether or not I want it too because I can't stand the potent smell of axe, that their campaign is working. They have lulled the male between the ages of 10-20 into the idea that instead of being an interesting and lovable person you just need spray their cologne 100 times all over your body and women will be all over you. I guess it is worth a try.
But the truth is that by the age of 20 you should realize that the only thing axe is good for is covering up your BO after work outs but one spray is enough. Why did they need to invent a bottle that sprays constantly until it runs out. That is the concept of the air freshener not cologne.
Great Ad campaign regardless of my opinion on the product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment